Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of School

I have a 1st grader and a Kindergartener. I can't believe that I have them at the same time! It was quite unexpected to have Jackson entering Kindergarten this year. We pretty much decided the day before school started. It had been nagging at me all summer--whether I should have him start or not. He wasn't going to go to preschool, I was just going to teach him at home. Selfishly keeping him with me for one more year. But I started thinking--he already knows what I planned on going over with him this year. And Cornerstone Christian School has 1/2 day Kindergarten. So, I expressed my concerns to Jeff on Friday and he thought we should check into it. We met his potential teacher Saturday at the school orientation we were attending because Lincoln is a 1st grader and set up an evaluation for him on Monday. All the while I was thinking..."maybe he won't be ready..." But of course, he was! He passed his evaluation with flying colors. The next day he began his first day of Kindergarten...a full year earlier than I had expected! He still looks so small, yet he acted like such a big boy.

Lincoln was excited for 1st grade. He'd met his teacher in July when he came to Cornerstone for his evaluation and he really liked her. He has two buddies from church in his class, which I think helped him not be nervous. He marched right into class all by himself since Lola and I were walking Jackson into his class. He found his desk himself, unloaded his backpack and was sitting happily by the time we came in to see him. What a big boy! So handsome sitting there.

I sure do miss them when they're gone and boy so does Lola! But I know they are in a great place! So blessed by God opening this door for us and giving us the opportunity to send our children to this fantastic school. Prayers for a great school year for my little men are appreciated!

No comments: