Friday, October 31, 2008

Baking and Carving

On October 30th the kids and I filled the day with fun little projects to prepare for Halloween the next day. First, while Lincoln was in school, Jackson and I baked pumpkin cupcakes to bring to the Bouterie's for a Halloween Party the next day. He loves doing things like that and is just so darn cute helping me cook.
Later in the day, we carved our little pumpkins we'd gotten at the pumpkin patch a week ago. The kids had fun scooping out the "guts" of the pumpkins and telling me what kinds of faces they wanted their pumpkins to have. Lincoln's pumpkin was "surprised" and Jackson wanted his to be "sad". Don't know about that one, but I complied. Since Lola's favorite word lately is "happy" (she repeats it over and over), I made her's happy. :)

No comments: